Where is the DR?

Where is the DR?

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last day in the cube farm for a while (hopefully forever)

Today was my last day at DAI.  I loved the company and the people I worked with but I don't think I will ever learn to love working in an office.  My co-workers got me a lovely cake plus some Chipotle... though I think I should lay off the rice and beans since that will be my diet for the next 27 months. But quick shout out to DAI recruitment team, I'll miss you! 

I am going to be insanely busy this week.  Time has caught up with me and I wont have enough of it to see all the people I want to see one last time. But for those of you up for the challenge there will be a pretty hard-core relay tournament at the Vienna house on Friday night.  If you have never heard of relay then you are missing out.  Come and see what all fun is about and bring your pong/flip cup/quarters/chugging skills. Oh and perhaps balancing skills as well (Megan). 

Tomorrow I plan to live on Rockville Pike.  I will spend some time at the Army/Navy Ranger Surplus store  in search of a backpack and other necessities on a PCV budget.  A few stops will probably be made at REI, Best Buy, Borders and Bed, Bath, and Beyond (mostly in the Beyond section according to Dan).  Then it's time to pack!  I need to fit two years into two bags.  To do this I am trying to approach packing as if I am going on a verrrry long camping trip where occasionally I need to look nice.    However because of the DR's proximity to the US I am told I can find almost everything I need down there.  Right now I am just debating whether or not to buy a Kindle... apparently the DR has 3G. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is actually here. Look forward to meeting you on Wednesday. I think I finally made my last trip to Target today. Well, lets hope so, I feel like they know me by first name by now. Good luck packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking about where you are and what you might be doing... I just finished up a week at the beach in Hilton Head, SC and am ready to start class Monday! I can't believe you'll be in DR, while I'm procrastinating on my next essay. I hope your first few weeks are going smoothly! I think following through with PC took lots of guts, and I'm envious of the hundreds of amazing stories I know you'll come back with! Just wanted to leave you a brief note letting you know I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, do not buy a Kindle. I will mail you books if it becomes necessary.

    ReplyDelete